- Acuité Bankers’ Connect (hereinafter referred to as Bankers’ Connect) is a platform created by Acuité Ratings & Research Limited (Acuité) to disseminate data, information, research & analysis, outlooks, opinions and ratings. Acuité Bankers’ Connect is a single point source of information on macro-economic trends, impact analysis and sector alerts. Acuite's team of highly experienced analysts disseminate their knowledge and analysis through this platform.
End-user Licence Agreement for Acuité Bankers’ Connect
Last updated: May 2018
This End-user Licence Agreement (EULA) governs the use by you of the Bankers’ Connect. Bankers’ Connect Services ("Services") provide Bankers’ Connect Login Credentials to access and use the Bankers’ Connect Proprietary Content (Content) like the username, password, etc.
While registering onto Acuité Bankers’ Connect you agree that:
- You will not copy and/or distribute the Content or provide access to Acuité Bankers’ Connect to any person other than you.
- In the event that you become aware of Login Credentials being used by a third party, you will take immediate action to stop such a breach and promptly notify Acuité full details of such a breach by email.
- You will not use the Acuité Bankers’ Connect Content in contravention of any laws or regulations.
- You will not download, store (even beyond the Term of this Agreement), modify, copy, redistribute, sell, lease, assign or create derivative works from the Services and/or any Acuité Bankers’ Connect Content and you will not reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, publicly expose, distribute or modify the source code underlying the Services/ Content.
- You will not use the Services in a manner that adversely impacts the stability of Acuité Bankers’ Connect servers or adversely impacts the behavior of other applications using the Acuité website and other online platforms.
- You will not use the Services /Content to build or support, or assist a third party in building or supporting products or services similar to Acuité Services Content.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Acuité Bankers’ Connect owns all rights, title and interest in the Services / Content and the name and trademarks, whether now existing or which may subsequently come into existence (collectively, the "Acuité Bankers’ Connect Property"),
- Nothing in this Agreement shall confer on you any right of ownership in the Acuité Bankers’ Connect Property and/or the Content, and
- Any goodwill generated through your use of the Acuité Bankers’ Connect name and trademarks will inure solely to Acuité Bankers’ Connect. All suggestions, feedback, enhancement requests, recommendations or other inputs provided by you or any other party relating to the Services shall be owned by Acuité Bankers’ Connect.
- Acuité Bankers’ Connect reserves the right at any time to make necessary modifications and/or improvements to the Services / Content with or without notice to you. Unless Acuité Bankers’ Connect provides otherwise, the then-current EULA shall also apply to your use of any modified or new version of the Services / Content or your use of any updates, upgrades, changes, enhancements or new features added to the Services / Content that may be made available by Acuité Bankers’ Connect from time to time.
- This EULA may be modified from time to time, and shall be indicated by the "Date Updated" above (the "Modifications"). Continued use by you of the Services / Content after the Modifications constitutes acceptance by you of the Modifications.
- If you do not agree with any such Modifications, you may terminate this EULA on the effective date of the Modifications. In such an event, the only obligation of Acuité Bankers’ Connect to you shall be to refund to you, pro rata, unused fees paid in advance.
- You warrant that you have the power and authority to enter into this EULA.
- Acuité Bankers’ Connect does not represent or warrant that the Services / Content are free of inaccuracies, errors, bugs, or interruptions, or are reliable, accurate, complete or otherwise valid. The services are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
Limitation of liability
Acuité Bankers’ Connect shall not be liable to you for any damages, costs or losses arising out of use of any Content. Acuité's aggregate liability to you shall not exceed the total amount of fees due and payable by you to Acuité under this EULA.
Term and termination
- This Agreement becomes effective on the date you use the Acuité Bankers’ Connect Services (the "Effective Date") and shall remain in effect until the date you cease using the Services (the "Expiration Date") the duration of which is the "Term".
- If, due to any reason within Acuité Bankers’ Connect's control, there is an interruption in the Services which continues for ten (10) working days following written notice by you to Acuité Bankers’ Connect of such interruption, you may terminate the EULA, in which case Acuité Bankers’ Connect's only obligation to you shall be refund to you, pro rata, unused fees paid in advance.
- On the effective date of cancellation or termination for any reason under this EULA, you must erase or destroy any Acuité Bankers’ Connect/Content accessed or displayed by you. Your licence to use the Acuité Bankers’ Connect / Content is temporary and specific to the Term.
- The following provisions shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement Sections 8, 9 and 10.
Jurisdiction and settlement of disputes
This Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws. The parties hereby agree that any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, shall be settled by a reference to the Chief Executive Officer of Acuité, whose decision shall be final and binding on all the parties.